My name is Ant Muir - CMEngNZ (Engineering Technologist)
I have more than 35 years experience in the residential construction industry, qualified in Architectural Design and am a Chartered Member of Engineering New Zealand (Engineering Technologist).
This unique set of qualifications encapsulating Architecture - Engineering and Carpentry enables me to provide engineering advice and design while engaged in the architectural process. Being a qualified carpenter provides build-ability, feasibility and logistical support to the design process.
- Imagine having a designer who not only understands the build process, but actually designs all facets of your project. From the first contact you have with your designer, your engineer is also present. The design process is streamlined, no waiting to contact the consultant and no engagement documents to produce, I am on-board from day one.
I enjoy bringing a client's ideas, dreams and desires to reality just as much as I enjoy solving problems. Sometimes a client just needs a fresh set of eyes or a different approach to achieve their goal.
As a weathertight specialist and a Licensed Building Practitioner – Carpentry, Site 2 and Design 2, where my Design 2 covers architecture and both civil and structural engineering, my clients have a vast knowledge base to achieve their specific requirements with a single point of contact.
- Importantly, the knowledge base and integrated design process, enables an economical design budget meeting or often exceeding our clients expectations.
- Chartered Member of Engineering New Zealand (Engineering Technologist)
- Structural Engineering Society New Zealand
CMEngNZ (Engineering Technologist), CSBM,
BEngTech(civil), NDArchTech, T.Cert.Carpentry,
NZDE(civil), Dip. Construction Technology,
BRANZ Certificate in Weathertight Design.
- Architectural Designer – Structural / Civil Engineer
- Weathertight Specialist
- Licensed Building Practitioner – Carpentry, Site 2, Design 2
Institution of Professional Engineers New Zealand - Ray Meyer Medal 2014